Application: The Role of the Leader in Evaluating Data to Improve Quality and Safety Paper
The nurse’s position in between the patient and the health care agency provides a unique platform for viewing and addressing quality-care issues. Nurses can gain personal feedback from their patients, who may trust them more and speak with greater openness. They can also work collaboratively with their colleagues to create strategies to improve patient care.
Recall how nurses can use data to improve patient safety and quality-care delivery. In NURS 4005, you analyzed a Dashboard to determine nursing practice improvements. This week, you reviewed the importance of and focus on patient quality and safety.
The following data are shared by the unit manager with her staff at a recent staff meeting. There has been a higher than acceptable level of patient falls on the telemetry unit in the last 4 months. The distribution of falls is found in the excel data base located under the application assignment tab. Information about the unit also includes the following:
• The average age of the patients is 72.4 years old, and every patient has a cardiac diagnosis.
• The majority (68%) of the patients are women.
• Recently, 1 FTE of nursing assistants were moved from the night shift (11P–7A) to the evening shift (3P–11P).
• The rooms on this unit are all private.
• 94% of the patients are on diuretics.
• 12% of the patients have secondary diagnoses of confusion or disorientation.
In a 3–5 page paper, respond to the following:
• Describe some possible interpretations of the data related to the patient fall rate on the telemetry unit.
• Discuss the quality management process you would follow to improve patient fall rates on the unit.
• What change management strategies would you incorporate in your quality improvement plan?
• What leadership characteristics are needed to assist in improving the patient fall rates?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH CHEAP NURSING TUTORS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT