APPLYING A THEORETICAL UNDERSTANDING OF LEGAL PRINCIPLES TO THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY OF A STUDENT OF NURSING AND/OR MIDWIFERY.
Applying a theoretical understanding of legal principles to the role and responsibility of a student of nursing and/or midwifery
The goal of this assessment is to apply a theoretical understanding of legal principles to the role and responsibility of a student of nursing and/or midwifery.
The reflection allows you to apply this learning in your clinical placements and future career.
Product: Written responses
Format: The responses to set case studies and reflection on these will be completed in 2000 words and should address the following:
• Discuss the legal theory and legislation relevant to the role and responsibility of a student nurse/midwife
• Use relevant literature to support the discussion
• Reflect on your experience related to the legal and ethical requirements for student nurses
• Apply theoretical knowledge to support conclusions
Provide evidence of:
• An understanding of key legislation relevant to practice
• Comprehensive analysis and
• explanation of conclusions made for set questions
• of reflection on the set questions and clinical practice/experience
• of references used to support the discussion
• of communication including:
Structure/clarity of information and application of consistent referencing style