Begin to develop a plan to pass the Certification Exam. Compare your home state’s laws in regards to Advanced Practice Nursing Practice to an alternate state with a less or more restrictive practice environment.
· Consider the differences in certification exams options for your specialty
· Reflect on how to approach relocating licensure from one state to another
Write a 3-4 page paper which summarizes the following:
· Identify the certification exam you selected and explain why
· Outline your plan for passing the appropriate National Certification Exam
· Describe the NP Practice environment for your home state highlighting restrictions or limitations for practice
· Describe 3 strengths identified from the FHEA Exit Exam
· Describe 3 areas of weakness identified by the FHEA Exit Exam and develop a study plan for addressing these areas of weakness
Education Verification Forms
AN INTRODUCTORY STATEMENT: IF YOU ENCOUNTER A FORM THAT MUST BE SIGNED BY WALDEN FACULTY, PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
1. Insert your information onto the form (your name, address etc.)
2. Send the form to the nurse certification and licensure office at [email protected] – mailing the form to our offices or sending the form to advising, registrar, FEC or other departments will DELAY THE PROCESSING TIME of your application
3. Include your full name, student ID and program of study (FNP or AGNP) in your e-mail
4. ALL TRANSCRIPT REQUESTS must be sent to [email protected]
5. Forms cannot be submitted until final grades are posted and degree conferral can be confirmed. You must submit your application for graduation in order for your degree to be conferred. For information about your graduation application, contact [email protected]
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS PROCESS:
Some state boards of nursing and national certifying agencies require a form be submitted that verifies completion of an NP education program. The following information will be helpful in submitting the forms for completion.
· Please do not submit the form for processing until you have completed all program coursework. We cannot verify course and program completion until final grades are posted.
· When e-mailing a request, please include your full name, program (FNP, AGNP etc.) and your student ID.
· When requesting transcripts, please email: [email protected] or you can make a request through your student portal.
FOR AANP: AANP requires transcripts to be sent. They do not currently have a form that would need to be completed and submitted by Walden University School of Nursing.
FOR ANCC CERTIFICATION FORMS: Please obtain the most recent version of the form from the ANCC website. Please insert all personal information requested on the form including graduation date and clinical hours. Once that information is complete, please forward the form to [email protected] for processing. Once the form is received it will be processed by Walden staff and faculty and forwarded to ANCC. You will be notified when the form is sent to ANCC.
FOR STATE CERTIFICATION FORMS: Most state boards of nursing require that the education verification form be submitted by mail directly to the state board. Please read the form carefully and make sure you understand all of the board requirements for the form. Also, most boards of nursing include the education verification form as part of the certification application document. When e-mailing a request for your form to be processed, please separate the form from the full application instead of e-mailing the whole application. We will not mail the rest of the application to the board of nursing. The following steps should assist you in the submission of these forms:
1. Review the form and determine if the education verification form requires ONLY a signature from Walden or if it requires BOTH your signature and a signature from Walden. If both signatures are required, the board typically requires that the document contain both the original ink signature for the student and for the school and that the document must be mailed directly to them from the school. Because of this requirement, extra care must be taken when processing dual signature forms.
2. IF YOUR FORM ONLY REQUIRES A SIGNATURE FROM WALDEN: please review the form thoroughly. Fill in the form with your personal information including your graduation date and clinical hours if applicable. Once your information is complete, please e-mail a copy of the form to [email protected] for processing. Once the form is received it will be processed by Walden staff and faculty and then mailed from our Minnesota office directly to the state board of nursing. You will be notified and provided with a tracking number when the form has been mailed.
3. IF YOUR FORM REQUIRES YOUR SIGNATURE AND A WALDEN SIGNATURE: A complete form will need to be drafted before you sign. Review the form thoroughly. Fill in the form with your personal information including your graduation date and clinical hours if applicable. Once your information is complete, please e-mail a copy of the form to [email protected] Once it is received, the program information will be added to the form. Once a complete version of the form is drafted, it will be e-mailed back to you for your signature. Once you have signed the form, please mail it to:
ATTENTION Katie Berg – NP CERTIFICATION
100 Washington Avenue South, Suite 900
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Please use a shipping service that provides a tracking number if possible. Once you have shipped the document, e-mail [email protected] with the tracking number so that we are aware that the package has been shipped. Once the form is received it will be processed by Walden staff and faculty and then mailed from our Minnesota office directly to the state board of nursing. You will be notified and provided with a tracking number when the form has been mailed.
TIMELINES FOR SUBMITTING FORMS
ANCC forms: Completed ANCC forms are typically sent to ANCC a week after receipt (incomplete forms will be returned to the student and must be completed and resubmitted.)
STATE FORMS: The time for processing state forms varies depending on the form’s complexity. Completed state forms are typically mailed to the state board two weeks after receipt (incomplete forms will be returned to the student and must be completed and resubmitted.) For dual signature forms the date of receipt is the date when the student’s signed document is received at the Minnesota office.
PLEASE NOTE: All processing times are subject to change depending on the volume of requests received. Most of our requests are received in the weeks following the last day of classes. Therefore, processing times are likely to be longer than the estimated time at the end of the quarter.
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE NURSE LICENSURE OFFICE
Director of Compliance and Licensure
School of Nursing
Nursing Certification Line 612-312-1244 – this number is preferred, but if you are unable to leave a voicemail, please contact 636-244-7049
Fax Number: 612-677-3693