unit 10 Discussion
Topic 1: Collaboration for Research and Evidence-based Practice
Consider the role of the nurse as an interdisciplinary team member in completing research and using research findings to inform health care practices.
Review the following.
- Women’s Health Initiative retrieved from http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/whi
- Collaborative strategies to enhance research and evidence-based practice. (see Journal in Activities)
Answer the following questions.
- Discuss the role of the advanced practice nurse as an interdisciplinary research collaborator and member of the interdisciplinary team obligated to co-participate in the implementation and use of evidence-based practice.
- End your discussion by providing an example of an evidence-based change that would require the collaborative efforts of nursing and at least two other healthcare disciplines and that would lead to quality improvement in healthcare.
Healthcare Human Resource Management
- Suggest two factors that are contributing to the current state of the nursing industry in the U.S. Focus on both internal and external influences. Provide specific examples to support your rationale.
- Analyze two issues that contribute to the current nursing shortage in the U.S., and propose a strategy to rectify this employment issue.
***This is a discussion, NOT a paper. Need a strong paragraph and references:*** klj fhs soox