500-600 word argument that is objective, carefully-constructed, and free of emotion . discuss the complex issue of poverty, and the moral imperative of promise-keeping is mentioned several times. Why is promise-keeping morally important?
- Is it ever morally permissible to break a promise?
- If you answer “yes” to #2, then what are the conditions that render promise-breaking morally acceptable?
- If you answer “no” to #2, then explain why you believe it is never permissible. How would you handle difficult scenarios wherein someone has made a promise the keeping of which would have significant undesirable consequences?
- Is it ever morally obligatory to break a promise?
- If you answer “yes” to #5, what are the conditions that render promise-breaking morally obligatory?