Title Creating Assessment-Driven Goals and Objectives
In this assignment, you will use what you have learned about the way in which assessment drives instruction to create goals and objectives for Huang, a student in Mr. Franklin’s class. This assignment supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcomes 1 and 2 and the MASE Program Learning Outcome 4.
As we have been discussing, Huang Le, has been making great progress this year and you and Mr. Franklin are working with the multi-disciplinary IEP team to create his next annual IEP. You will find more information about Huang in week one’s instructor guidance if you need a review. Huang has been working on goals and objectives in the areas of language/communication, social/behavioral skills, classroom management skills, mathematics, literacy, and self-help skills.
Instructions: After you have read Huang’s most recent assessment report, including progress on his IEP goals and objectives and your developed Present Levels of Academic Achievement and Functional Performance (PLAAFPs), as well as the information provided for you in the instructor guidance:
- Compose one S.M.A.R.T. goal for Huang in each of the following core domains he has been working on: language/communication, social/behavioral skills, classroom management skills, mathematics, literacy, and self-help skills, using the provided Goal Writing Guide.
- Create a table containing the core domain (i.e., language/communication, social/behavioral skills, classroom management skills, mathematics, literacy, and self-help skills) in column one, your S.M.A.R.T. goal in column two, and the assessment and/or PLAAFP that you used to support the development of that goal in column three.
Core DomainS.M.A.R.T GoalSupporting Assessment/PLAAFP
You will use this document and the feedback you receive from it to compose this section of your Final Week Six Summative Assessment.
Your Creating Assessment-Driven Goals and Objectives paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- APA heading/page numbers
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least one scholarly source in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.