The purpose of this paper is to interpret the two articles identified as most important to the group topic.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs #4 and #8)
CO 4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and clinical significance related to evidence- based practice. (POs #4 and #8)
Refer to the course calendar for due date information. The college’s Late Assignment policy applies to this activity.
Total Points Possible
The paper will include the following.
- Clinical question
- Description of problem
- Significance of problem
- Purpose of paper
- Description of findings
- Summarize basics in the Matrix Table as found in Assignment Documents in e-Colleg
- Methods used
- Instruments including reliability and validity
- Answer to “Purpose” question
- Identify next step for group
- Conclusion of paper
- Correct grammar and spelling
Use of headings for each section
- Use of APA format (sixth edition)
- Page length: three pages
PREPARING THE PAPER
- Please make sure you do not duplicate articles within your group.
- Paper should include a title page and a reference page.
Directions and Assignment Criteria
|1. Problem is described: What is the focus of your group’s work?2. Significance of the problem is described: What health outcomes result from your problem? Or what statistics document this is a problem? You may find support on websites for government or professional organizations.
3. Purpose of your paper: What will your paper do or describe? “The
purpose of this paper is to . . .”
click here for more information on this paper
**Please note that although most of these questions are the same as you addressed in paper 1, the purpose of this paper is different. You can use your work from paper 1 for items 1 and 2 above, including any suggestions for improvement provided as feedback. Item 3 above should be specific to this paper.