For this Assignment, you will create a slide and audio presentation in which you will present information to support the passage of HR 5223.
Course Outcome covered in this Assignment:
MN507-3: Align public policy options to meet the needs of various stakeholders.
For this Assignment, you will create a slide and audio presentation in which you will present information to support the passage of HR 5223. You may use PowerPoint, Google Slides, or another presentation software of your choosing. Your audio presentation should put forth a convincing argument based on your research and should be designed as if you were addressing a group of legislators whose support you are trying to obtain.
Your slide and audio presentation must address:
- A description of current risks that healthcare providers face from violence in the workplace.
- Information from professional nursing associations which support your argument for minimizing the risk of violence in the healthcare setting.
- Identification of a theoretical or regulatory model which would be applicable to the passage of HR 5223.
- Identification of stakeholders who will benefit from the passage of HR 5223 and how they would benefit.
- Potential barriers to passage of HR 5223 and how they can be overcome.
- Include a minimum of 8 slides (not counting the title or reference slide).
- Your slides should contain speaker notes, to assist in your audio delivery.
- Your slides should be professional in appearance and tone, and reflect a thoughtful and meaningful application of your research to your argument. Speak clearly and convincingly. Your presentation should not be longer than 10 minutes.
- You must include a minimum of (5) different scholarly references.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA formatting and citation style.