Aptitude tests are generally used to assess current abilities, as well as predict future performance. Most aptitude tests focus on cognitive abilities and are based on a particular theoretical framework of intelligence or mental abilities. Take the Cultural Fair IQ (which measures nonverbal ability), Verbal-Linguistic Intelligence and Visual-Spatial Intelligence tests online and discuss the following:
- The types of abilities each test appears to measure.
- A brief summary and interpretation of your results. Are your results consistent with your own understanding of your abilities?
- What factors might have influenced your performance?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of taking separate IQ tests such as these instead of taking a comprehensive IQ test such as the Wechsler Scales or Stanford Binet that measure various areas of abilities in one test?
- What are some of the limitations of using aptitude tests over other forms of measurement such as observations, evaluations by others, etc?
- What are some of the strengths and weaknesses of utilizing online assessments versus traditional paper and pencil assessments?