1. What are anticholinergic adverse effects and what are nursing interventions/client education points related to these?
2. An oncology client has been prescribed fluorouracil (Adrucil) therapy. What is a potential adverse effect of this medication and nursing interventions to monitor for this effect?
3. A client with adrenocortical insufficiency (Addisons disease) has been prescribed fludrocortisone (Florinef). What is an adverse effect of this medication and nursing interventions to monitor for this effect?
4. A client has been prescribed timolol (Timoptic). What are three (3) possible adverse effects of this medication and nursing interventions/client education related to these effects?
5. A nurse is placing an IV line on an older adult client. List three (3) considerations the nurse should take when placing an IV line in this client?
6. A nurse has an order to administered mannitol (Osmitrol) to a critical care client. What should the nurse expect following mannitol administration?
7. A nurse is preparing to administer a clients 0900 oral medications. The hospital uses a unit-dose system. What action should the nurse take to ensure the right medication is administered to the client?
8. A nurse is preparing to administer codeine cough syrup to a client. What are three (3) contraindications for this medication?
9. A nurse is preparing to administer acetylcysteine (Mucomyst). What are indications for therapy?