Unit 3 Assignment – Clinical: Journal Reflection
- Reflective Journal Instructions
You will create 5 entries for your Reflective Journal about a patient encounter. In the 5th entry, you will review the previous 4 entries and evaluate your progress in reflective practice over the course of the term. Each journal should be a minimum of 250 words.
The purpose of this reflective journal is self-reflection regarding the role in the process of self-reflection as a PMHNP provider. Through reflective practice, the student will evaluate their own emotional health and recognize one’s own feelings as well as one’s ability to monitor and manage those feelings. The point of the exercise is to learn yourself, your triggers, the types of cases you end up getting overly involved with, and those you’d rather refer to someone else. The idea is to be able to personally reflect on your behaviors/thoughts/decisions and how those impact you in the role of PMHNP.
Introduction address the following items:
· Describe your past experience in mental health or with someone with mental illness.
· What are the reasons you have chosen to work with this population?
· Discuss any concerns you have regarding this specific clinical course and population Adult/Geriatric.
· Identify personal and academic/professional goals for the clinical course and population Adult/Geriatric.