This article covers Concept Analysis Assignment.
Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students
Concept Analysis Assignment
I need a professional paper, I want you to exactly follow the instruction and address all asking questions:
A concept is the glue that ties conceptual frameworks, models, and theories together. The concepts in a framework or theory relate to each other in some way. This is what gives them meaning. A concept analysis is an exploration of how a concept ties a framework together.
Instructions:This is an individual writing assignment. Select one of the following four concepts for your paper: trust, hope, suffering, uncertainty. Once you’ve chosen your concept, complete the following:Determine the aim or purpose of your analysis; what do you want to accomplish by conducting this concept analysis? Answer the questions “Why am I doing this?” and “Why is this relevant to nursing knowledge and nursing science?” Conduct your literature review by identifying all uses of the term that you can discover. Answer “what are the known conceptualizations?(Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students)
Locate and use a minimum of: 3 dictionary definitions; 1 thesaurus entry; and 5 scholarly references from the nursing literature (you may use non-nursing literature, if necessary). Combined, these references will be the basis for identifying and defining attributes of your selected concept.Determine the critical or defining attributes of the concept by identifying what each instance or use of the term has in common with the other uses. The more scholarly references you locate and use, the easier it is to determine critical attributes of a concept.Define the 4 cases using the critical attributes: (Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students)
Construct a model case, or a real-life scenario that uses the concept and includes all critical attributes of the concept. Explain how you use each critical attribute. This case should be an accurate representation or model of your concept.Construct a contrary case, or one that is opposite of the concept. Support the claims you make by explaining how and why the contrary case does not contain any of the critical attributes of your concept.Construct a borderline case, or one that is related to the concept but is not actually an example of the concept. Support the claims you make by explaining how and why the borderline case differs from the model and contrary cases (i.e., does not contain all of the critical attributes of your concept, etc.)(Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students)
Construct an invented case, or fictitious scenario that uses the concept and includes all of the critical attributes. Explain how you use each of the critical attributes.Identify related concepts; provide a list of terms that are related to or similar to the concept.Identify an inaccurate use of the concept. Provide an example of how the concept is used in a way that is improper or incorrect.Identify concept antecedents and consequences. This should include a description of 1) concepts or traits that precede (antecedent) the existence of the concept and 2) concepts or traits that follow (consequence) the existence of the concept. An antecedent cannot be one of the attributes, but a consequence may be.The paper should be written in a professional, scholarly manner (i.e., no errors in APA formatting, spelling, or grammar). The body of the paper (excluding title page and reference list) should be about 6 pages in length.(Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students)
FYI: i am member of ANA( American Nursing Association)
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.(Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students)
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.(Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students)
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.(Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students)
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Discussion Questions (DQ)
- Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.(Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students)
- Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
- One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
- I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
- Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
- In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.(Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students)
- Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
- Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
- Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).(Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students)
- Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
- I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
- I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
- As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
- It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
- For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.(Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students)
- Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
- Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?(Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students)
- Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
- The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
- Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.(Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students)
- If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
- I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
- As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
- Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
- Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
- Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.(Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students)
Assignment: Concept Analysis
Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students
PICOT Question: In pregnant females (P), how do cesarean section (I) compared to natural vaginal delivery(C) affect postoperative recovery within six weeks (T)?(Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students)
Concept analysis promotes clarity and mutual compression of a concept in nursing. The analysis dissects a concept into simpler terms as a strategy to examine the concept’s semantic structure. Walker and Avant describe concept analysis in eight stages, namely; choosing a concept, determining the purpose of analysis, identifying all uses of the concept, defining attributes, identifying a model case, identifying borderline, related, and contrary cases, identifying antecedents and consequences and defining empirical referents (Almutairi & Alharbi, 2022). I chose post-partum depression as the nursing concept for this paper since pregnant women are in risk groups regardless of whether they have spontaneous vaginal delivery (SVD) or C-section.(Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students)
Post-partum depression (PPD) is a major depressive disorder with a perinatal onset, typically diagnosed during pregnancy or four weeks after delivery. PPD has a global prevalence of 17.9%, affecting about 13% of post-partum women and 10% of pregnant women (Khoramroudi, 2018). Mothers develop post-partum depression from a variety of risk factors. First, anxiety and previous history of depression are common psychological risk factors. Secondly, oxytocin hormone levels in the blood affect emotions and predispose the mother to PPD. Third, lack of emotional or financial support is social, while an inadequate nutritional diet predisposes women to PPD. Finally, risky pregnancies and those that lead to C-sections also potentiate the chances of PPD.(Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students)
Notably, research does not conclude that SVD mothers are less likely to develop PPD than those who experience C-section delivery. Genova et al. (2022) assert that mothers with SVD delivery of infants with low birth weight are more at risk of developing PPD than others. However, Griskbook et al. (2022) claim that there is a strong association between C-sections and PPD. Two cohort studies revealed that C-section mothers had higher odds of developing PPD based on the ICD-10 diagnosis code for depression. Griskbook et al. (2022) further claim that C-section was the most significant negative birth experience associated with PPD. Emergency C-section mothers had higher risks of developing PPD than those who experienced normal vaginal delivery or elective C-section.(Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students)
One of the major strengths of Walker and Avant’s eight stages concept analysis approach is that it systematically explores what a concept analysis entails and what it does not. The approach also provides a standard language for nurses to dissect different nursing concepts to improve their knowledge and clinical practice. For this reason, nurses use Walker and Avant’s eight stages approach to systematically dissect and comprehend different concepts during research and clinical practice. However, the eight-step approach to concept analysis is a long, tedious process that revolves around intensive reading and reading activities. However, the approach can encourage critical thinking among researchers and improve reasoning forms, such as improved decision-making among nurses during their clinical practice. Despite each stage being a tedious process, it provides researchers with axial and open coding that aid in developing categories to identify and develop distinguishing traits, defining attributes, and conditions under which critical thinking occurs when analyzing different concepts.(Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students)
Walker and Avant’s eight stages concept analysis approach is the foundation of present and future nursing practice. When a concept or term requires further clarification or questioning, Walker and Avant’s eight stages approach offers a systematic approach for analysis. For instance, nurses should understand the concept of post-partum depression among mothers that undergo C-sections or SVD to determine the appropriate care required for improved health outcomes. Therefore, adequate dissection and comprehension of the post-partum depression concept using Walker and Avant’s eight stages analysis approach will be instrumental in shaping the type and quality of care required for mothers post-delivery in future nursing practice. (Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students)
Almutairi, H., & Alharbi, K. (2022). Post-partum Depression Detection: Concept Analysis. Saudi J Nurs Health Care, 5(5), 99-104.
Genova, Federica, Erica Neri, Elena Trombini, Marcello Stella, and Francesca Agostini. “Severity of preterm birth and perinatal depressive symptoms in mothers and fathers: Trajectories over the first post-partum year.” Journal of Affective Disorders 298 (2022): 182-189.(Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students)
Grisbrook, M. A., Dewey, D., Cuthbert, C., McDonald, S., Ntanda, H., Giesbrecht, G. F., & Letourneau, N. (2022). Associations among cesarean section birth, posttraumatic stress, and post-partum depression symptoms. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 19(8), 4900.(Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students)
Khoramroudi, R. (2018). The prevalence of posttraumatic stress disorder during pregnancy and the post-partum period. Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care, 7(1), 220.(Concept Analysis Comprehensive Essay for Nursing Students)