This article covers Highly structured and rigorous approach.
Highly Structured and Rigorous Approach in Narrative Reviews
Walden nurs6052 Quiz
Question 1 Which of the following statements is true of narrative reviews? (Select all that apply.) A. Narrative reviews engage a highly structured and rigorous approach to reviewing research evidence. B. Narrative reviews provide a general background discussion of a particular issue. C. Narrative reviews require a rigorous, systematic approach to searching the databases for evidence. D. Narrative reviews generally review literature that support the author’s point of view on an issue or topic. E. Narrative reviews are a type of primary research. 5 points Question 2 In qualitative studies, results are reported using words or themes. True False 5 points Question 3 What type of literature may a systematic review include to be considered Level 1 evidence on the Melnyk & Fineout-Overholt levels of evidence hierarchy? (Highly Structured and Rigorous Approach in Narrative Reviews)
A. Phenomenology studies B. Grounded theory studies C. Descriptive studies D. Cohort studies E. Controlled trials without randomization F. Randomized controlled trials 5 points Question 4 In quantitative studies, results are reported using words or themes. True False 5 points Question 5 Randomized controlled trials are which type of research? A. Quantitative research B. Qualitative research C. Mixed-methods research D. Systematic review E. Literature review F. Cohort study 5 points Question 6 Order the following types of research evidence reviews in order of rigor from most rigorous to least rigorous: Systematic review with meta-analysis Integrative review Systematic review without meta-analysis Narrative review 5 points Question 7 You are forming a team to do a systematic review of the literature about interventions to treat post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Which of the following would be your first step? (Highly Structured and Rigorous Approach in Narrative Reviews)
As you continue, premiumacademicaffiates.com has the top and most qualified writers to help with any of your assignments. All you need to do is place an order with us. (Highly structured and rigorous approach)
A. Critically appraise the literature identified. B. Conduct an exhaustive search of multiple databases to identify the literature. C. Identify an explicit, reproducible methodology. D. Create a clearly stated set of objectives with predefined eligibility criteria for study inclusion. E. Create a dissemination plan for your systematic review. 5 points Question 8 A key characteristic of a systematic review is that it contains a meta-analysis. True False 5 points Question 9 What type of study is described in the following excerpt? An interprofessional team wants to test a new intervention to see whether it will improve central-line associated bloodstream infection (CLABSI) rates. Subjects were randomized into either the intervention or the control group by pulling a slip of paper with either a one or a two written on it from a manila envelope (those pulling ones were randomized to the intervention group; those pulling twos were randomized to the control group). When the study began, the intervention group received the intervention and the control group received equal attention. Data was collected and analyzed using the Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS). Descriptive statistics were used to report the data. What type of research article is this? A. Quantitative research B. Qualitative research C. Systematic reviews D. Literature reviews E. Mixed methods F. Program evaluation 5 points Question 10 When trying to determine what type of research study is described in an article, which two sections of the article will give you the best information to make that determination? A. Abstract and conclusion B. Methods and limitations C. Methods and results D. Introduction and results E. Abstract and discussion F. Literature review and data analysis 5 points Question 11 Which of the following types of research can be categorized as primary research? Select all that apply. A. Cohort study B. Literature review C. Grounded theory study D. Randomized controlled trial E. Systematic review F. Controlled trial without randomization 5 points Question 12 What type of information would help you identify a research study as qualitative? (Select all that apply.) A. Data is collected using such approaches as interviews, focus groups, and open-ended questions on surveys. B. Data is collected using Likert scales on surveys. C. Results are reported using numbers and statistics. D. Results are reported using themes and words. E. Data is collected using surveys with fill-in-the-blank questions. F. Results are reported using a mixture of numbers and themes. 5 points Question 13(Highly Structured and Rigorous Approach in Narrative Reviews)
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Discussion Questions (DQ)
- Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
- Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.(Highly Structured and Rigorous Approach in Narrative Reviews)
- One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
- I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
- Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
- In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
- Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
- Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.(Highly Structured and Rigorous Approach in Narrative Reviews)
APA Format and Writing Quality
- Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
- Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
- I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.(Highly Structured and Rigorous Approach in Narrative Reviews)
Use of Direct Quotes
- I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
- As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.(Highly Structured and Rigorous Approach in Narrative Reviews)
- It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.(Highly Structured and Rigorous Approach in Narrative Reviews)
- For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.(Highly Structured and Rigorous Approach in Narrative Reviews)
- Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
- Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?(Highly Structured and Rigorous Approach in Narrative Reviews)
- Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.(Highly Structured and Rigorous Approach in Narrative Reviews)
- The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
- Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.(Highly Structured and Rigorous Approach in Narrative Reviews)
- If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
- I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.(Highly Structured and Rigorous Approach in Narrative Reviews)
- As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
- Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:(Highly Structured and Rigorous Approach in Narrative Reviews)
- Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
- Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.(Highly Structured and Rigorous Approach in Narrative Reviews)