This article covers NSG 6440 Week 3 Midweek Discussion Assignment Aquifer Case Study #1.
NSG 6440 Week 3 Discussion
NSG 6440 Week 3 – In week 3 you learned about other common adolescent health conditions. Review the following case study and answer the following questions:
An 18 year old white female presents to your clinic today with a 2 week history of intermittent abdominal pain. She also is positive for periodic cramping and diarrhea as well as low grade fever. She also notes reduced appetite. She notes that She admits smoking ½ PPD for the last 2 years. Denies any illegal drug or alcohol use. Does note a positive history of Crohn’s Disease. Based on the information provided answer the following questions:
- What are the top 3 differentials you would consider with the presumptive final diagnosis listed first?
- What focused physical exam findings would be beneficial to know?
- What diagnostic testing needs completed if any to confirm diagnosis?
- Using evidence based treatment guidelines note a treatment plan.
NSG 6440 Week 3 Submission Details:
- Post your response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned. Respond to atleast two posts by the end of the week.
NSG 6440 Week 3 Midweek Assignment Aquifer Case Study #1
For this assignment, you will complete a Aquifer case study based on the course objectives and weekly content. Aquifer cases emphasize core learning objectives for an evidence-based primary care curriculum. Throughout your nurse practitioner program, you will use the Aquifer case studies to promote the development of clinical reasoning through the use of ongoing assessment and diagnostic skills and to develop patient care plans that are grounded in the latest clinical guidelines and evidence-based practice.
After you complete the Aquifer case study for the week, please print out the summary of your case session and submit as a PDF file to the Submissions Area. Note that the summary of your case session has your name on the top right hand corner. You need to submit this document as evidence that you have completed the case.
The Aquifer assignments are highly interactive and a dynamic way to enhance your learning. Material from the Aquifer cases will be present in the weekly quizzes, midterm, and final exam. You must have all Aquifer assignments completed in order to successfully pass the course.
Use this link for information on how to access and navigate Aquifer.
This week complete the case entitled “Case #22: 70-year-old male with new-onset unilateral weakness – Mr. Wright.”
- Name your document SU_NSG6440_W3_MidWeekProject_LastName_FirstInitial.pdf.
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.