This article covers SNHU Social Science Issues Assignment.
SNHU Social Science Issues Assignment
SNHU Social Science Issues Assignment
Identify two social science issues related to war.
Identify two social science issues related to education.
Choose one of the five social institutions. Describe some of the factors that have influenced this social institution in India.
Use the reading about social institutions in India to identify two social science issues that could be researched further.
Describe two social norms in Dubai noted in the reading and explain how these social norms may differ from those of the culture that you grew up in.
What factors shape the social norms in Dubai? Name at least two, and describe how they shape the social norms.
What factors influence your society’s social norms? Name at least two social norms that exist in your culture, and describe the factors that influence them.
Based on the reading about Dubai, identify two social science issues that could be researched further.
Now choose a social science issue listed above, or pick one of your own. Adopt the social science perspective to ask a question about this issue from the point of view of a psychologist. What is a question that a psychologist might have about this social science issue?
Now choose a social science issue listed above, or pick one of your own. Adopt the social science perspective to ask a question about this issue from the point of view of a sociologist. What is a question that a sociologist might have about this issue?
Now choose a social science issue listed above, or pick one of your own. Adopt the social science perspective to ask a question about this issue from the point of view of an anthropologist. What is a question that an anthropologist might have about this issue?
Who occupies the social role of spiritual leader in most Papua New Guinean kinship groups?
What are the societal expectations for a woman’s social role in Papua New Guinea? What influences these expectations?
Within your own society, what social roles do you occupy? What other social roles could you occupy, if you chose to? How much choice does your society give you to occupy different social roles? How much flexibility do you have to fill that social role differently than society expects?
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.(SNHU Social Science Issues Assignment)
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Discussion Questions (DQ)
- Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
- Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.(SNHU Social Science Issues Assignment)
- One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.(SNHU Social Science Issues Assignment)
- I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
- Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
- In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.(SNHU Social Science Issues Assignment)
- Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
- Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
- Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).(SNHU Social Science Issues Assignment)
- Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
- I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.(SNHU Social Science Issues Assignment)
As you continue, premiumacademicaffiates.com has the top and most qualified writers to help with any of your assignments. All you need to do is place an order with us. (SNHU Social Science Issues Assignment)
Use of Direct Quotes
- I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
- As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.(SNHU Social Science Issues Assignment)
- It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
- For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.(SNHU Social Science Issues Assignment)
- Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
- Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
- Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.(SNHU Social Science Issues Assignment)
- The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
- Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
- If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
- I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
- As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.(SNHU Social Science Issues Assignment)
- Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
- Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
- Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.(SNHU Social Science Issues Assignment)